Sunday, December 13, 2020

Mystery solved on Night 3 of  Chanukah!


Sidebar - over the years the menorah was starting to look like one of those chianti bottles at an Italian restaurant with all the melted wax residue.  Then I got the bright idea to use my hair dryer to soften the wax and allow for easy removal - and it worked great!  I'm just sorry that I didn't snap a before photo so everyone could appreciate its spiffy new look.  And while I was in refurbishing mode I also replaced the pie plate's aluminum foil,  Though the "snow" underneath the penguins remains dirty-looking even after pouring off a substantial quantity of liquid wax, as Mary pointed out that just makes it all the more realistic.

**Spoiler Alert!! This video is disgustingly gross. Let's face it, penguins poop a lot. Not kidding. Many times, they even poop on each other, a fact of life when you live close to your neighbor in a penguin colony. Yes, these cute little waddling birdies do some icky things once in a while. Still interested? Watch at your own risk and be prepared for stomach-churning nastiness!

penguin poop


And now back to my mystery gift.  The first (empty looking) package contained a small memory card like one in my camera, the second package contained rechargeable batteries and a charger, and the third package tied everything together... it contained a motion-sensing camera for "capturing" critters in yard!  


Maybe soon I'll learn what is hollowing out the grapefruits!?  One day Alex spotted a raccoon, and I would also like to confirm whether a skunk has been visiting us.  Of course we're all wondering ~

 


if Pokey will set it off for some (un)exciting footage. Stay tuned!


When I called Lily to thank her, she passed along a description of one of the on-line reviews she'd come across as she was checking out which camera to buy for me.  

A man who obviously (!) didn't quite understand the purpose of product reviews (lol) had given it low marks - because while he had bought it to capture armadillos, it only filmed field mice.



This morning I talked with Andy and Sandy regarding Mom, and while there's no new "news", as of last evening Mom was still stable. 


He says the nurse there has been good about returning his calls (though he doesn't want to keep her on the phone away from her duties too long.)  I did take him to task for not passing along last evening's  non-news, so now he's promised to do better.  


As so many have discovered this year, it's hard to be so far away when loved ones are ill - though even if I were back home I couldn't go see her or really "do" anything.  Currently Mom doesn't have her phone or tablet, but hopefully is getting messages from the nurse that we are all thinking of her and sending love.


 According to "Dr." Andy Mom doesn't seem to be showing signs of Covid (FYI though she is on oxygen, her dose is low) just those likely attributed to a UTI.  I am, however, somewhat concerned about her new kidney issue since that could be a sign of her aged body starting to fail, and which of  would NOT be good news at all! 



I am often dealing with my own issues, and it's true that getting old is not for sissies!



Andy is going to check in with the nurse today and then report back to me and Marilyn.  I did receive a call this morning from Ann, now added to my list of people to keep updated, who'd heard about Mom from her granddaughter Perri (who'd seen a post of mine on FB.)



When I mentioned to Andy about hearing from Ann, currently in her 102nd year, he quipped that she "is going to live forever."  



My coffee seems to have kicked in, so I'm about to get to paper piecing - 
but on my own today.

No comments:

Post a Comment