Sunday, December 27, 2020

Around noon yesterday I got into the hot tub, thinking to relax before the 1:00 Zoom call with Andy and Marilyn to make some decisions about the things in Mom's apartment.  I hadn't been in more than a couple of minutes when Tom came out to get me, because Estera was at the front door with some condolences - and flowers and chocolate. 

I managed to make it through most of our hour-long Zoom without tears - 

just not quite all the way. 


 Scattered around the apartment are many lovely art pieces from Mom & Dad's travels, and Andy plans to go over today and film to remind us of what's 'available'.  There's not a lot of room here for most of them, though I have called "dibs" on the four quilts I'd gifted to Mom & Dad over the years, as well as the CCS animal afghan Mom made.  I'd also like to have some of the family photos, and maybe some of her earrings (after Sandy has chosen what she wants) but those types of items will be easy enough for Andy & Sandy to store in their large back room downstairs.


After the call it was time to take Brownie for a walk with Mary.  He was thrilled to see me pick up his leash and head outside, but not so thrilled when I sat on his leg getting into Mary's car.  Serious yelps in the couple of seconds until I managed to peel myself off of him, after which he was holding up that leg and then limping around the driveway for a minute or two - 

  at the same time that he was trying to jump up into my arms. Guess I was forgiven?  


The good news is that after a couple of minutes he seemed okay (though I still felt terrible!) and we were off on our walk.  I kept a close eye on him, but the limp didn't return, and we we able to wend our way the usual length of the wash.


Last evening it was reruns for dinner (like in households everywhere?) and of course everything was still yummy, though sadly there's not a whole lot left.

Today I plan to finish up the last couple of book covers, take a real soak, and squeeze in another walk for Brownie.  Sounds like I'm setting a fairly low bar for myself today.

No comments:

Post a Comment