Friday, December 11, 2020

Yesterday I got the four placemats mostly bound.  The tails do still need to be joined before I can truly finish (and then wrap and send them off), but I decided (no doubt wisely.... <g>) to leave that until this morning.


  Obviously the placemats are at the top of today's agenda (once I finish playing on the computer) and then I predict a trip to the post office in the afternoon...


When Marcie popped over with a Chanukah gift for me (haven't opened it yet) I discovered three packages from Lily blocking the front door.  Still surprised that the delivery person(s?) had never rung the bell.


Lily called later in the afternoon to wish me Happy Chanukah (before she headed to the dentist to have an old filling replaced, thinking she "might" be too loopy to call that evening) and warned me my gift will "not make sense" until all parts have arrived.  (Again, haven't opened them either.)  


Wonder if that means I'm not getting my daily calendar this year?


Alex got his requested snowboarding undies yesterday, though we were both surprised at how incredibly thin they are despite being 87% wool. In fact because of the slimness he thought that package (which had been re-used for many years when the kids were growing up to hold that year's calendar ) must be something else.  


So it was sort-of a surprise after all!


Alex had displayed his usual lack of patience in the morning (at several steps) when helping me with my new CD reader/loader for my laptop (after solving the first crisis - locating the disks, which weren't in the 'computer room', where I thought they were.)   

I'm also frustrated with my inability to figure out "simple things" related  to technology, and it certainly does not help that he gets incredibly irritated when I am stymied without directions for things that "anyone" (in his estimation) "should" (!) know.  

Maybe we're even?

Obviously he would not succeed as a Special Education teacher...


Then I experienced some difficulties with my smart TV last night, and am not looking forward to asking him for help in that department.  The "directions" pamphlet that came with it were not helpful at all - but this little guy knows how to be helpful!


Around 9:00 last evening we received a call from zanjero Terry with the very welcome news that irrigation had been cancelled because of all the rain we'd gotten.  Seems the ground was so water-logged it couldn't hold any more and water was running down the street.


While an e-mail had gone out at that time, he did want to make sure that those of us scheduled for water during the night got the news before we got up unnecessarily.  His call was definitely appreciated!!!

And speaking of that - on Wednesday Dr. Skabo had apologized for me having to wait over a week for my simple fix, and mentioned that in the time I'd had to wait he'd had TWO new patient no-shows.  Those appointments take up a large chunk of time, when he'd otherwise be able to treat half a dozen other patients, but of course at that point it's too late to call in someone on the waiting list.  And while Life Happens and things do come up  -


it turned out that one of those "patients" had simply found another chiropractor!  The courtesy (!!!) of a phone call to cancel that appointment would have made all the difference to me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment