Thursday, December 3, 2020

I was glad to receive an e-mail from Sandy today and see my quilt is getting used.  With Maryland's real winter they will get to use it for many months over the season.

The McGillips are using your quilt!  

It has a prominent place in their living room.



Since we seem to be having our version of winter these days, 
today's calendar page seemed especially appropriate:




I would love to share a picture of the quilt when I gifted it to Ed & Emily five (?) years ago as a wedding gift, when there's a great shot of the (then) four 'yours and mine' kids modeling the quilt (though now, with two 'ours' added, there are six kids in the family.)  




Sadly those pix are currently unavailable to me since my photos before 2016 are stored on CDs - and this laptop (like apparently all new models) does not have access to those.



It's quite windy and nippy out today (glad I'd thought to notch the hot tub up a degree yesterday) so it wasn't a whole lot of fun disrobing to get into the water.   At least after soaking I was nice and toasty, so getting out wasn't nearly as bad as I'd feared.  




While soaking I chatted with Linda for almost an hour, 
when I got the full story of Kingsley's birth on Thanksgiving.



She also had very good news about Rick, whose upcoming medical fix thankfully will not require open-heart surgery but a much less invasive procedure with (naturally) a much shorter recovery time.


During this morning's soak I again got several whiffs of skunk on the wind, one fairly strong, though again saw no sign of any intruder.  There's NO question that I would love to keep it that way!



And now, guess what?

No comments:

Post a Comment