Saturday, December 12, 2020

Shortly after I tried calling Andy this morning for an update on Mom (when it went straight to voice mail) I received this e-mail from him:

Spoke to her nurse and it sounds like she is still stable. She is on oxygen and a steroid med but she is not a candidate for remdesivir because her kidney function is impaired. [This sounds like a new symptom to me!] I encouraged the nurse to communicate with her in writing because of her hearing impairment which is made much more difficult by virtue of the fact that everybody is masked and she relies on lipreading to such an extent. I also asked the nurse to let her know that I called and that I had let you know what was going on.

I'm still hoping to connect with him via phone later today.  It's definitely difficult to be so far away, though of course even IF I was Back East I would not be allowed to visit her due to her covid status. 




No comments:

Post a Comment