Saturday, December 12, 2020

Alex seemed to REALLY like his Where's Vera book last night (and wrapping it inside the box in which it arrived kept him from guessing it was a book.)  He dived right in, and even found her quickly on one page. 



It was originally meant as a gift for Gabby - but they are not an "item" any more, and obviously personalized gifts are never returnable.



I opened my gift from Marcie, which felt just like fabric <g> so on that level was easy enough to guess what was inside the wrapping paper... though of course not what fabric.  



The warning on the back of the package, however, gave me pause.  
Is this because sewing is difficult and too stressful for children? <g>  


I'm assuming they are referring to the plastic wrap?



Not sure when I'll make use of those pretty fabrics since my next project (starting this morning with Mary's help) will use brights raided from my stash.  



Marcie has also offered to help with the paper piecing (which has seriously frustrated me in the past)  though as an experienced seamstress she makes certain "assumptions" about things she believes people should know (but of course I don't!) 



Mary, however, as a retired teacher, definitely understands that 
students "sometimes" <G> need a more patient approach!




Need to clean up my sewing area and get ready for Mary's arrival (in about an hour) but first am going to see if I can chat with Andy and get further details about the situation with Mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment