Wednesday, December 30, 2020

 Look at the pretty flowers that arrived today from my sister Marilyn.



When I called her to thank her, I'd teased that it was MY turn to buy the flowers; she'd sent the pretty yellow ones to Mom in rehab and signed both of our names, and instead of letting me pay her for half of the cost she said I should just send the next ones.  



Sadly that never happened since Mom ended up back in the hospital that night, and died just a few days later.   We hope that the flowers were enjoyed by the nurses, or passed along to another resident, and not just tossed out.

I did have to laugh when Marilyn said she'd much rather be the one sending flowers than receiving them, as in "better you than me" getting hurt.  



I feel much better today after washing my hair in the kitchen sink (which worked pretty well), then giving myself a sponge bath and putting on clean clothes.


Speaking of clean clothes, the stacking washer/dryer at the back house has been kvetching and limping along for a while now, and finally bit the dust.  Today Alex picked up a snazzy new set he found on Offer Up at a smoking hot deal price.

No comments:

Post a Comment