Saturday, December 19, 2020

I had been sleeping better, but yesterday I was up shortly before 4:00 - and that was after taking something during the night.  At least I got an early start to the day, and after playing on the computer I was doing laundry and mopping floors before 6:00.


Naturally I also got an early start on the book blocks - though after pinning/re-pinning one piece a dozen times (literally!) I took a break before heading to the library when it "opened" (for curbside delivery only) to pick up the latest book that had come in for me. 

The Memory Monster by Yishai Sarid

“A brilliant short novel that serves as a brave, sharp-toothed brief against letting the past devour the present” (The New York Times Book Review Editors' Choice), Yishai Sarid's The Memory Monster is a harrowing parable of a young historian who becomes consumed by the memory of the Holocaust.



I invited Brownie to ride along, and on my way out had grabbed a couple of Amazon boxes to toss into the recycling bin.  But first I opened the driver's door to toss in my purse/keys and book I was returning.  Brownie, who usually hops in via his "own" door in the back (and usually knows to wait for an invitation) yesterday decided to hop in the front as I was closing that door!  Luckily I was able to grab it before it truly caught him (and there were no sound effects from him) but I still felt terrible.  He showed no signs of injury, but he might be sore today?



While at the library I got a text that my Rx refill was ready, so on the drive home swung by the get that.  The pharmacy tech offered to put a dog biscuit in for him - but he won't eat them.  I suggested to her  that maybe the next dog could get two? <g>


By the time I got home around 9:30, the temp via the car thermometer was only 45 degrees, so no surprise that my heated seat had felt great. The house had felt frigid all morning and the heater didn't seem to be working (at 8 it was still only 60 on this side of the house!) but by the time I returned at least it had risen to 64.



Mary come over after lunch and admired the book covers I had added to the growing pile.  And while she has very graciously offered to work up the page pieces for me (!) I am going to wait to take her up on that until after I give it another go.  Nice to have a back-up plan....!

 



Yesterday I got this Mom update from Andy:

I got a call from a Riderwood social worker this afternoon. They have tentatively scheduled a “care management” Next Monday at 1 PM (EST). If you want to participate it’s easy enough to loop you in (it will be by telephone). If you want to join but that day and time doesn’t work for you, let me know as there’s some flexibility either on Monday afternoon or Tuesday afternoon to do it. 

Also, she let me know that Arbor Ridge is going to be getting the vaccine next week and mom is eligible to get it. I’m gonna send in a authorization this afternoon as well. 

She’s still very tired and just wants to sleep, and not eating. I asked about the “renal diet,” and the LCSW said there is no order for anything other than the regular diet for mom so at least that’s not the reason she’s not eating.

Not surprising that Mom's tired, so sleeping gives her body a chance to recover.  But not eating?  That's  more worrisome...


After beginning my day before 4:00 yesterday it came as no surprise to me that I faded in the afternoon, when I  managed a nap.  When I found myself fighting another one in the evening I gave up and headed to bed.


 This morning I slept until 5:30, so I expect to be less wiped out today.  Good, because there are still some things to do this morning before the exterminator is scheduled at 11:00.  No idea what Alex's place is like ("sometimes" there is stuff all over the floor) but guess I'll find out when I take the exterminator over.  While Alex's house-sitting/cat-sitting stint ends sometime today, it's not likely he'll be home before 11 to tidy up over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment