Thursday, October 8, 2020

Yesterday's wire rigging eventually worked well enough for Tom to mow in the afternoon. While the property does need substantial weed-eating around the edges to finish off the grooming (and which may, or may not, take place today) everything still looks a whole lot better now!  


I'm continuing to water the lawn's various bare spots, coaxing new dichondra growth to fill in the areas that used to contain vast crops of lantana. Already my efforts have been producing results.


Alex (who was dealing with a stomach ache, and then a toothache after getting a temporary crown) did start draining the hot tub in the evening.  I'm happy that my backyard oasis is shaping up nicely.


But not so happy that I've been awake since 4 this morning. 


That does, however, give me plenty of time <g> to get some things done before Mary arrives (planned for around 8-ish) when Brownie and I will introduce her to our Wash Walk.  While we won't see the herons and egrets and other birds who hang out by the water on the trail near her house, the trade-off will be that "our" wash trail provides plenty of shade - and that remains important these days!



It's still early <g> so I'm looking for "quiet" chores.  At the top of my list is entering all the e-mail addresses from the old laptop onto the new one, which was the one thing Don couldn't transfer.


Since not all addresses 'make sense' (some seem to be gobbledy-gook) 
naturally there is potential for mistakes...


like meeting new people via e-mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment