Saturday, October 24, 2020

Mary and I enjoyed our walk with the pooches this morning, as did they - though Vera's very vocal breathing had us somewhat concerned so we turned back sooner than we might have otherwise on such a delightfully "cool" morning.  


Before we headed out I had made sure my dog water bottle was filled to the brim since Vera drinks a LOT.  I do need to refill Brownie's water bowl frequently whenever Vera visits.


When Mary came over for our walk this morning she brought along part of one of her repotted plants (a philodendron?) that had also needed thinning out.


Since I'd recently used up the last of my potting soil I made a run to the 99 Cent store for a bag - after first calling to make sure they carried it.  Not sure where the plant will eventually end up living, but for the time being it's out front where I can monitor it easily.  



Mary suggested some place in the shade since that's how it's been living on her north-facing (and covered) back patio - and was obviously thriving under those conditions.


I'm more concerned with whether it'll be happy with the soil - 
made from coconuts!  



This morning I signed up to "attend" this:

Brita Nelson Virtual Lecture/Trunk Show

When: Thu, November 12, 2020 10:00 AM
Where: Zoom Meeting

EVENT DETAILS:

AQG Presents "Now You See It - Now You Don't" - online lecture and demo event featuring Brita Nelson!

Learn about the magic and beauty of disappearing blocks with this interactive online lecture, demo and trunk show.  Brita will show how easy it is to turn simple blocks into beautiful complex patterns.  She will be talking about various disappearing blocks, demonstrating how they are created and then showing completed quilts/ quilt tops. She will be showing and talking about 18 different quilts/tops. Using the Zoom format you will be able to raise your hand and ask questions to answer during the presentation. You will also see how different block designs can be enhanced by color choices or slight modifications to make even more interesting full quilts.

Complimentary event as part of your 2020-2021 membership!


Until now my only experience with Zoom was "attending" book club in Colorado this summer, so of course I needed to download the app onto my laptop.  First, I googled how to do that, and (like so many things) it SOUNDED easy enough...

Open your computer's internet browser and navigate to the Zoom website at Zoom.us.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Download" in the web page's footer.

On the Download Center page, click "Download" under the "Zoom Client for Meetings" section.

The Zoom app will then begin downloading.

HOWEVER....



even though I saw a message that it was downloading, not only is there NO Zoom icon on my desktop, but even after doing a couple of searches of programs/apps on my laptop, Zoom does NOT appear in any list.




Where is an expert when you need one?




Obviously I'll need to get Alex to help me 
after he returns home from his weekend at the river - 



but at least I DID TRY IT ON MY OWN first!

No comments:

Post a Comment