Monday, October 26, 2020

 I got a second paws-worth of nails trimmed (this time on one of Brownie's hind legs) before the trash was picked up at noon.  Since we usually have an early morning pickup, I'd made sure to head out at dark:30 this morning to deposit the full bag from the kitchen, which somehow never made it out after dinner last night.

When I heard the truck approaching I'd headed out front to collect the cans once they were emptied, which is when I observed the guy experience technical difficulties (twice!) 


It was actually entertaining - and we both could laugh about it.

It was nice that he cleaned up the resulting mess afterward. 

By 12:30 both cans were already 2/3 filled again with more of the leaf piles raked from the trough.  (Obviously my back is feeling better.)  It sure would have been nice to get ride of all the piles, because with high winds predicted I would hate for those leaves to blow all over the place and <sigh> need to be RE-raked.  


Of course it would be terrific if our Organics can would arrive soon; it's been two weeks since I requested one.  However my prediction (a la Murphy's Law) is that we won't see it be delivered until after I finally get all of the leaves taken care of.  


The numerous piles of branches can be disposed of easily during our next quarterly bulk trash collection. We'll be allowed to start setting out things "curbside" on November 14 for a November 23 pick-up.


The nails on Brownie's other hind paw were easy to trim, 

so this is where that job now stands.


But even with Alex's help (he popped over briefly) 

I still wasn't able to finish the job.


Will try again later...


No comments:

Post a Comment