Monday, October 26, 2020

 I'm back inside on the heating pad after a relaxing soak in the hot tub.  I was surprised it wasn't colder (or windier) outside, so depending upon how the weather progresses that may just be the first soak of many today.


During a previous soak I'd noticed a dove land near the suet feeder, and had hoped it was stopping by to partake of the latest item to grace the bird 'buffet' - but it didn't.  Yesterday, trimming the nearby oleander bushes, I made it a point to check that feeder, and it was apparent that "someone" had visited and nibbled on it.  


However I can't tell whether it was a bird (which would be a good thing) 

or one of the roof rats (which would be a bad thing!)


While soaking I had a brief chat with Mom (she couldn't talk too long because she had an approaching appointment and still needed to finish getting ready for that) and then a longer one with Linda.  We caught up on this and that, but unfortunately she also had some sad news to report.




Because I've been losing weight, one chore originally on today's agenda (but now 86-ed because my back is less than happy) was to try on pants and see which of those that that I'd 'outgrown' will now fit again.



Now that I've reached my second goal of 115 (which was even easier than hitting 120, because the less sugar I ate the less I craved it) it would be 'fun' to lose just a few more pounds and get back to my wedding day weight.



Of course the impetus to change my diet was due primarily after a worrisome high blood glucose reading at my annual visit with my PCP back in April - and I've been highly successful at lowering that number!  



It's probably not surprising that I'm looking forward to hearing kudos from her when I revisit her in a couple of weeks for the scheduled follow-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment