Friday, October 2, 2020

I so seldom go anywhere these days, so yesterday I decided to "dress up" (as in put on some earrings) before I went to the gym to sign the form.  Chose my newest ones, ceramic turtles that I bought when Mary and I went to the Renaissance Faire back in early March but have rarely worn.  (So many days during covid I didn't even get 'officially' dressed.)  

Because the mask seemed to interfere with the earrings, I took them off before I went in to the gym, and then put them back in my ears for the drive home.  Sadly not long after my return to the house I realized one earring was missing.  I've looked and looked, but unfortunately it has not turned up yet.  If it fell into the grass when I took the pooches out to pee it's pretty much gone forever.


Took a pic of the remaining earring to show how pretty is is - but when I slipped the camera's memory card into the new laptop nothing happened.  This is NOT good...


On the old laptop the SD card opened automatically, so I'm hoping that when Alex returns from his camping trip he can help me find out how to instruct this laptop to do the same.


In camping news, he and Gabby had an interesting interaction with a couple of bats last evening.


Again this morning I was up early, and took advantage of that to do a little more lantana weeding.  Bu.t the window on that has pretty much closed until next irrigation cycle.  


I turned to some other outside chores (I swept the pool, then the porches and driveway) before hopping into the shower so I could start doing stuff around the house.  It's amazing how productive I can be just to avoid making some of the phone calls on my list.


It's about time to get the laundry out of the dryer and fold it. After that I might <g> decide to whittle down some of the phone calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment