Thursday, October 15, 2020

 After I took a break from the morning yardwork yesterday (and rested while watching Just Mercy, which had been on my list) I hit it hard again in the afternoon, whacking back the huge oleander around Pokey’s burrow. That took a while, and increased the piles waiting their turn for disposal quite a bit, but that corner of the yard has now joined the ranks of well-groomed areas.

Maybe it was the heat, but after that I was tuckered out and ended up dozing through much of Little Women late in the afternoon.


While Tom was cooking chicken piccata for dinner the stove top flipped out (naturally at a crucial stage in the cooking process) when he set a hot lid down, sending all the lights into flashing mode. 


That has happened to me a couple of times (did you notice I didn’t learn my lesson the first time?) but I certainly don’t do that any more! 


In any event the simple “fix” I'd figured out (of turning off the stove top) didn’t work - and when all else fails I read the directions, right? 


But after digging out the paperwork, and finding the trouble-shooting page, it only gave that "turn off the stovetop" fix.  So we kept trying, but after countless unsuccessful attempts, Tom finally (at my suggestion) had to resort to flipping off the breaker.

 

Dinner was good, and while he was a little disappointed that it wasn't perfect.  However I certainly had no complaints!



But speaking of complaints, I did NOT want to be awake for the day at 3:45 am this morning.  Though that's well past my self-imposed "deadline" to pop a sleep aid, with things on this afternoon's agenda I did not want a repeat of yesterday's nap (or being tired and wishing I could take one!)

So I popped a pill to go back to sleep - and then slept until almost 7! 



More miscellaneous yardwork this morning, mostly raking and tidying up around Pokey's burrow - though I bet she won't even notice. <g> 

 Next I hung up a suet cake in the hope that it attracts some colorful birds for my viewing enjoyment from the hot tub.  The ones at Terry's sure did a roaring business this summer. 




Today's agenda included cleaning and refilling all the hummer feeders.  



Alex is feeling a lot better this morning, which is especially nice because today is Gabby's birthday.  They went to lunch nearby with her parents, who had driven into town (from Tucson) to celebrate with her.  While they were out lunching an edible arrangement, of chocolate-covered fruit, was delivered here for her.  Hope she left room after lunch at Valle Luna! <g>



Alex and Gabby did pop by here after lunch to open it -




but were under a time constraint and had to run.  She thinks they're going to play paintball, but really Alex has arranged for them to get massages.  



After that they'll return here for a little birthday celebration with us.




No comments:

Post a Comment