Thursday, October 1, 2020

Like yesterday, 9:30 am was my 'required' stopping point for weeding. 


Once the sun began to dry out the ground, and the lantana started to break instead of pull out with the roots intact, I decided that I was done for today.  A fair section of the backyard now appears lantana-free (I realize that there could be small sprouts hiding in the definitely-needs-to-be-mowed dichondra) so that part of our "park" should look nicely groomed after mowing.  However since I only have a post-irrigation window of a couple of days after each cycle, obviously weather dependent, clearing the yard of all the clusters of volunteer lantana could conceivably take me all winter!

 


It's just as well I was forced to quit today; our second trash can is almost full, with just enough room for Alex to add one more trash bag and still enable the lid to close. Recently I'd filled up that can with leaves immediately after a Monday pickup <my bad> which of course meant that the lid wouldn't close after he deposited his bags of trash - so it was not at all surprising that some animal (dog? coyote? cat?) had torn open the top bag to investigate, leaving stuff strewn around on the ground.



Now that it's October we should be able to look forward to the weather cooling off at some point.  Once that happens and we can enjoy the outdoors, Joy wants to come over for a visit and hear all about my time in Supai.  She's hiked there a number of times, her first time during the 1960s.  




My phone call to the gym manager, once I actually got to speak with him, was productive.  Because of covid I haven't been to the gym for my twice-weekly training sessions with Jim for over 6 months, and (with the virus not contained in any way) it doesn't look like I'll feel comfortable starting up again any time soon.  



Since the gym opened back up, my credit card has been charged automatic payments for 8 sessions/month, and at this point I have 25 of them stacked up and waiting for that elusive "sometime" when covid is under control.  



The good news is that as long as I keep my account active (by paying for the minimum 1 session/month) I won't "time out" on any in my account.  Before covid unused sessions only stayed valid for a year. 



I will, however, need to actually stop in at the gym to sign a form in order to change those automatic payments.  






No comments:

Post a Comment