Saturday, October 10, 2020

I like playing with numbers. 

Maybe I caught that bug as a kid, when we got to watch the car odometer turn over to interesting patterns?  

Mom had pointed out today's date would be a fun one.    

10-10-2020


During my early morning soak I called Linda (she and Rick are also very early risers.)  We hadn't spoken in months, so there was a fair amount of catching up to do.  Turns out she also has lost her quilting mojo; maybe we can inspire each other to get back to sewing?




I had a delightful day with Marcela and her traveling companion Karen - and understand why Marcela wanted the two of us to meet.  At my suggestion we ended up coming back here for lunch instead of going out to eat.  My farro salad was a big hit (everyone had seconds) and Karen was properly impressed with my quilts.


And now that we're on the subject of quilts <g> while Mary's animal quilt "still needs the border" it sure is looking fine!


A number of goodies arrived in yesterday's mail, including our ballots. 



Unfortunately the mail also included my latest credit card bill - 

which was a whopper.  


In addition to all the usual monthly charges, this bill included three pricey additions: my new bed, laptop, and glasses.


I got my notice from Social Security - but <SIGH> don't think their numbers are right.  Will tackle that headache tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment