Sunday, October 11, 2020

 I spent several hours trimming the forest in the front yard (along the drive-thru gate) and added quite a few huge piles (of palm fronds, and bottlebrush trunks, and lantana) alongside the remaining pile that still hasn't found a home in the trash can.

At least now Alex will be able to get in and around the trees and dig up the lantana bushes that are too big for me to pull out.

About the time I was considering quitting, one of our neighbors who lives just a few houses away was riding by on her cart, so I got to take a break while we chatted.  In the course of our conversation I learned that sadly, just days ago, a coyote got her Jack Russell out in the horse corral.  I do worry about Brownie, but pretty sure he would hate wearing this vest as a deterrent.  



Today I watched Harriet, which I thought was very well done.  


I'm still hoping to get back to the wonderful Harriet Tubman Museum on Maryland's Eastern Shore, near where she lived during her time as a slave.  Unfortunately I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked during my first visit.



Wanda called today, so I got caught up on what's been going on with her.  I'm looking forward to the time when we can get together again in person; with her health issues she has to be especially prudent.  It would be nice if we could visit in the backyard here - except that since she's no longer driving there's no socially distancing way to get her here.  





No comments:

Post a Comment