Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Despite the warm weather, lately I've been thinking about Pho.  It turns out that Alex also has had a hankering, and last evening he invited us to join him for dinner, his treat.  


FYI It was my first time eating in a restaurant since the pandemic began.  



Alex finished his (large) bowl of #6, though I couldn't finish my #1 - 

and thus I'll be enjoying it again today at lunch.


Tom, not able to deal with the idea of hot soup, ordered the Bird Nest - which arrived very artfully arranged on the plate (wish someone had taken a photo!) and was also tasty.  Inasmuch as he couldn't finish his meal either, some of that will also appear on today's lunch menu.


Last evening I started hearing what sounded like wind, but when a glance outside confirmed that nothing was blowing I figured the noise must have been coming from somewhere inside the house (and at least that part was correct.)   


Sometimes I hear sounds from something Tom is listening to on his laptop in the living room, so it took a little time to figure out that it was coming from my laptop, even after I closed down all programs to make sure it wasn't some 'leftover' video running in the background.  


After about ten minutes the fan noise quit -

but unfortunately the same thing did happen again this morning.

At least this morning it didn't run for nearly as long.   


It was almost midnight when I awoke to the sound of Brownie barking.  


I got up to see what (or who?) was in the backyard - and there were Alex and Gabby heading back out the gate.  Over dinner we'd talked about draining the tub, and Alex offered to do it that evening so it would be ready to clean/refill today.


Apparently he was just getting ready to go to bed when he remembered that promise.  The electricity was still on, so I'm guessing he was  going over to the electrical panel by the shop to shut that down.  Before I headed back to bed I told him he should also go to bed and do it today.

  

I am looking forward to another soaking season -

 but in my (much!) roomier tub!



Though again today I was up early, at dark:30, I decided to wait until Brownie asked for breakfast before I fed him.  That occurred around 7:00.


 

Yesterday I'd sent Sheri this funny. 



A penguin lover like me, she always lets me know when something comes into her shop that I might 'need'. I haven't been in since the pandemic hit (it's not like I've needed any more fabric for a while, but especially since I haven't done any sewing in months) but obviously now I must make a trip over to pick up this panel for "someday".


No comments:

Post a Comment