Sunday, October 4, 2020

Thanks to Alex's help yesterday, now my camera's SD card opens automatically when I pop it into the laptop slot!



Now that I am back in business I can post my photo of the turtle earring.


And this recent calendar page.  Ever consider doing this? <g>




Another too-early morning today - before 5:00.




However that did make it possible for another very pleasant walk with Brownie after coffee.  




Today's yardwork has (so far) included sawing the tall, thick weeds around the irrigation gates (resulting in several piles of grass for the horses) and trimming the ficus in the tree trough (to allow for easier raking and mowing back there.)  That pile of leaves awaiting their turn in the can (only a tiny fraction of what I raked out of the trough) should be gone soon.  Not only did the leaf pile originally stretch 'forward' beyond the board - it was easily twice as tall. 




I took care of a few other assorted chores in the Back 40 (including trimming latest crop of suckers off of the cottonwood tree, which seems to need to be done almost constantly) before relocating out front in order to continue chipping away at the driveway weedage.  While I was toiling away on that, Rod (one of our neighbors who's lived here since '73 and thus knew the original owners of our property, the Crawfords) stopped his truck to chat about neighborhood irrigation/mosquito issues.  



Rod commented that when he's driven by and seen me out front working he's noticed I've been moving much better these days and can tell my back issues have improved. 

 Of course I've noticed that also - and give full credit to my gym workouts. 




Done resting for now, and time to get productive again.



Alex and Gabby are coming to dinner tonight; Tom will be cooking some of the fish he brought back from Idaho.  I'm hoping this evening will be a good time for Alex to see if the printer wants to talk to this laptop.  That possibility is giving me incentive to tackle the mess on the computer desk now, which has gotten pretty bad.  


Of course the worse the mess got, the more intimidating mucking off the desk became - and thus easier to put off.  

  

But who knows what goodies I'll find lurking in the various piles? <g>



No comments:

Post a Comment