Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I got this alert today:


We went to Costco with a list of items I wanted extras of; I suspected that after the election we might experience some civil unrest and would prefer to not be out and about at all for a while. We were shocked to see cart after cart full of toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, etc. leaving Costco and this was before we parked.   I am glad that we have a SHTF* supply and plenty of ways to protect ourselves and property.  These times are not pleasant.

* and for those not familiar with the SHTF acronym...



Maybe I should be making a shopping trip in the next day or so?




Alex had planned to take me on a training hike today this afternoon, but his conference call for work ran late so we have rescheduled for tomorrow.



He brought over dinner (chicken he crocked, served over rice) and also Vera's costume... which I fixed easily with a safety pin!





Tonight's news showed footage of some of the two SoCal fires, where 90,000 people had to evacuate.  But when it mentioned Yorba Linda I immediately contacted Marcela to make sure she was safe - and it turns out the fire came within 3 miles of her house!  Happily when the winds calmed down she was able to return home.
 








 


No comments:

Post a Comment