Monday, October 26, 2020

This update from Karen arrived last night.

Hilda was much more alert today than yesterday.  They did get her up both days, but she is not standing up on her own as yet.  I think she'll have trouble relying on her right leg and letting the left just be for balance (i.e. 50% weight-bearing).  She seems naturally to rely on her left leg to support her.  That's the downside of breaking her left hip.  The upside is that as of tonight she can lie on her right side like she always does.  I know all this because I've moved into her room for the duration of the winter storm that's dropping a foot of snow on Salida over the next 24 hours.  It started about 4:30 this afternoon here and isn't letting up.  Terry says it started snowing about 8pm at the springs.  So we figured it was stupid to drive back and forth in this weather and I volunteered to camp out here.  It really makes a difference to have one of us here with her, especially to help her eat.  She's got a good appetite when she gets help putting the food in her mouth, and the nurses are very happy that she's eating.  We are too.


A foot of snow sounds serious (certainly to me!) and I applaud Karen's very wise decision to camp out in Salida rather than risking the drive to and from there!


Again last evening  I read almost 11 

and thus am closing in on the end of that book.  



After turning out the light I fell asleep to a new Audible selection.  

(Doesn't everyone have two or three books going at the same time?)  



I made the decision to give up on the one I had been listening to, 

but really had given it a fighting chance to capture my interest.


Marilyn's recent suggestions have added a couple more titles to my Reading List.



My back is achy this morning, but at least I can still move ~ 

That (sadly!) is not always the case when my back decides to misbehave!


Currently I'm back on the heating pad, 

and once it's light I will transfer to the hot tub for a soak and massage.

No comments:

Post a Comment