Saturday, October 10, 2020

 Sce(ne) of tranquility last evening:


It's somewhat difficult to spot Brownie since he blends in against his dark bed - and seconds after I snapped it (to send to Alex and Gabby to 'prove' Vera was fine) she curled up for a nap also.


This morning when I awoke (around 5-ish) Brownie was on his puffy bed on the floor next to me; at some point during the night Vera had appropriated his bed under the table.  


Waiting on my coffee I refilled Vera's food bowl (no idea who emptied it during the night) and put Brownie's morning food in his, but would not be surprised if they chow down on each other's - because the grass is always greener? 


Funny side story: When I was living in Supai, I kept my horse inside my yard, which was a nice grassy lawn because I watered.  One day I came home and found her craning her neck through the fence attempting to reach a teeny-tiny weed in the dirt field on the other side.  Sadly I didn't have my camera with me to snap that award-winning shot -


And (naturally) by the time I'd retrieved my camera from the house
 she was back grazing in the grass. 




Before having any breakfast

 the pooches decided they needed a round of morning play -




which can be hard work and require more resting afterward!


Now that it's getting light I can enjoy a soak, after which I'll whip up the dressing for the farro salad.  After adding all the veggies and other goodies to the bowl last evening I ended up with a very large batch, so there should be some for Alex (as he requested.)  




I'm meeting  Marcela and Karen at the motel mid-morning,

 and then we'll head off to brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment