Tuesday, October 13, 2020

 I let Brownie decide our route for this morning's walk, so we followed his nose.  Unfortunately that route seems to be littered with goat heads so we did have to stop several times for their removal from his paw.

On our walk I noticed that Ben and Estera have a nice crop of these hanging over their block wall.  It looks like a pomegranate to me, but I will know for sure once I crack it open.


Hard at work again once we returned home, I trimmed the rest of the palm fronds out front, doing my best to avoid their long NASTY stickers (which are really, really sharp!) during cutting and then hauling to the pile.

 I hope the tree trimmers can easily dig out the remaining trunks when they're here next month - and without harming the other trees!  

Also trimmed our the small lemon tree (which for the first time since we've lived here produced a couple of lemons, though something got to them and nibbled off the rinds) because it was impeding passage on the deck.  While its stickers aren't nearly as nasty as the ones on the palm fronds (and can't imagine what would be...) they do still hurt when you brush up against them.


Wandering around I found other odds and ends around the yard to saw off, and once inside to cool off set out to order one of the new Organics trash cans.  Would ANYONE be surprised <g> that I could not accomplish that request on-line?  "For some reason" the form would not allow me to type inside the address box.  

Naturally it would allow me to type in the apt/suite box below that, but of course when I tried entering our actual address there it that did not make the site happy - or me, either.  


After more than a dozen tries I gave up and went old-school -

I dialed the telephone number at the bottom of the screen, which made me jump through countless hoops - and (naturally) then listen to a lengthy recording each step of the way.  

Happily Maurice was able to sign us up eventually, 

and our can could be delivered as soon as tomorrow.  


We will be able to make excellent use of it since the long list of acceptable items included these four - of which we always produce plenty!

  • Branches
  • Lawn clippings:
  • Tree fruit and garden debris
  • Oleander

But look what is on the "unacceptable" list:

  • Palm fronds

I had to laugh when Maurice informed me that "depending on where we are in the billing  cycle, that first month's charge of $5 will be pro-rated".  


Chatted with Marcela this morning; 

she had a good laugh when I told her about my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment