Saturday, October 31, 2020

 Yesterday was, as expected, a wasted day.  


My afternoon was spent in bed, dozing.  By dinner time I still hadn't eaten anything, but "forced" myself to eat a bowl of chicken noodle soup for dinner.  Afterward I dozed on the couch catching some of the Robin Williams documentary Come Inside My Mind.


http://www.documentarymania.com/player.php?title=Robin%20Williams%20Come%20Inside%20My%20Mind 

This intimate portrait examines the career, life, artistry and legacy of one of the world's most beloved and inventive comedians. Told largely through Robin's own voice, using a wealth of never-before-seen archival footage and interviews with his closest confidants, the film examines his extraordinary career and reveals the spark of madness that drove him.


Alex went duck hunting yesterday with a friend, and they got ten, of different varieties.  I felt sorry for the ducks - but no doubt will enjoy the duck feast Alex will provide for us.  



Despite so much sleep yesterday afternoon and evening, I did manage to sleep much of the night.  My headache, now on Day 3, has receded considerably, and the nausea has also backed off.  


Yesterday I had advised Alex I wouldn't be joining him after all for the Breast Cancer Walk this morning ~


freeing him up to do the entire hike to the top with his friends.


 

I was surprised that when he checked in on me this morning he was at home, having skipped the hike himself.  He'd mentioned a bike thing happening mid-morning today, and timing between the two events was going to be tight.


He then popped over here to deliver a bottle of water Gabby had treated with electrolytes.  It's a nice fruity flavor, so I shouldn't have much difficulty sipping away on it.  Yesterday I knew I needed to keep hydrated, yet it was still difficult for me to get down more than a couple of sips of water at a time.



Obviously I have NO plans for today.  

We rarely get trick-or-treaters (and this year will keep the porch light off) but I'm guessing we should have something on hand just in case Ben & Estera bring their kiddos over to show off their costumes. 

This was Alex's "I'm 12 days old" attire.


 Tom made a grocery run yesterday 


but I don't know if he thought to grab some candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment