Thursday, October 29, 2020

 Up at 4:30 today...

so again had to wait a few hours for it to get light enough to soak (chatted with Mom while I did that) and then do some yardwork.  


I still haven't 'found time' <g> to go through my stack of pants in order to see what will fit now that I've shed ten pounds, but when getting dressed this morning I pulled out a favorite pair of black jeans. Though that pair has been 'dormant' for a while, I have been dreaming of the day I could wear it again...


And today that 'dream' came true!




Yesterday I got an e-mail from Cheri asking for a favor since she was housebound with a bad leg: buying a birthday gift for her niece.  According to the e-mail she'd tried to do it on-line but hadn't been successful, and we communicated back and forth via e-mail.  




At least I thought it was her - but when I called last evening to confirm the details (before laying out $ for a pricey purchase today) it turned out her mail had been hacked; dozens of people in her address book had gotten that message.  



I was relieved hear that she is just fine, and wonder about the scam.  
How would a hacker benefit if I go buy some gift cards at a store?


She ended up spending considerable time on the phone yesterday trying to discover how and by whom she'd been hacked ("because what else do I have to do, right")  But she did note the positive side of the situation, that she had heard from many people, all concerned out her leg issues. 
 

She was especially appreciative of the many offers of help from those with whom she hadn't been in contact for some time.



Now that the hardware store will be open I can pop over and pick up a tub of cement crack filler. It's cool enough for Brownie to ride shotgun (and remain in the car while I pop in) but he still doesn't get to drive.




Then when we get home I can transfer stuff into my new wallet, which was just delivered a minute ago.   It's a little larger than my old one, so everything should fit!


No comments:

Post a Comment