Thursday, October 1, 2020

After recently experiencing difficulty when trying to accessing my Netflix queue (on both my iPad and my old laptop)I was rather pleasantly surprised yesterday to be able to load the app onto my new laptop  and work with it just fine.  


And speaking of movies, channel surfing last evening I stumbled across the movie 42 (near its beginning) and enjoyed watching the 2013 film about Jackie Robinson.


 Vera got dropped off around 5 am this morning. (When Alex had said it would be early, I didn't expect him to be blasting off that early! <g>)  



When I fed the dogs their respective breakfasts, naturally <g> each felt it necessary to inspect the other's variety of dog food.  Obviously a case of "the grass is greener" syndrome.



While on the subject of dogs, a distressing 'heads up" from Marcie:

You need to know that someone in our area is poisoning Roof Rats with Strychnine.  Miss Latina gave me a major scare.  The foaming vomit etc. symptoms of this poison were quite evident.  I did have a very sick dog, needing Charcoal and Ipecac immediately.  Glad to report Latina is fine.  I did find a dead Rat, which I disposed of.  You should be very vigilant.  What a horrible thing happening in our neighborhood.

In the 70s, when camping (with 3 dogs) at the Verde Hot Springs, someone tried to rob our campsite while we were away soaking.  The dogs were all tied up, and one died a horrible death from eating something, laced with rat poison, tossed to distract them.  A second dog (tied further away and obviously only able to access a small amount) luckily recovered, while the third dog hadn't been able to reach any and thus was fine.  (Though we did have our suspicions as to who was responsible,unfortunately we had no proof.)

 


In much happier dog news, Susan Carlson posted some dog quilts "In honor of tonight's Full Harvest Moon, some canines who might have howled at the moon once or twice in their lives." She included Kathy Sandner's portrait of her dog Blue, along with feline buddy Madison.





More post-irrigation weeding is on today's agenda, as well as making several more phone calls.  I rarely mind the yardwork, but the phone calls are too often quite aggravating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment