Saturday, October 3, 2020

 It was delightfully cool this morning when I awoke (even though we will reach triple digits today, and for the next week at least... sigh) so Brownie and I really enjoyed our walk.  We spotted quite a number of other pooches taking advantage of the perfectly lovely morning, doing the same thing.


When I got back I loaded up the shovel and three 5-gallon buckets, and went to collect more dirt.  The tree trough berm behind Alex's has eroded where the board to access the gate rests, so Tuesday I had to shut off that irrigation gate once the water started to overflow through that low spot - but before the trough truly filled.  With each bucket again only partially filled with dirt (I need to be nice to my back!) I didn't end up with much more than one bucketful to plug up the leak - but it looks like it'll help.  


Alex has offered to look for a loader and collect more, which is a good thing since that whole north side of the berm could use more height in order to match up with the south side. 

But who knows when he'll actually get around to that?



Forgot to mention that Brownie ended up in the doghouse during irrigation on Tuesday.


We were hanging out at Alex's while I monitored the gates (it was too toasty to be outside) and Brownie seemed to be licking at his paw.  I didn't pay too much attention, though did notice that he seemed to be on a pair of Alex's sweatpants that had ended up tossed on the floor.  At some point I realized that one end of of the drawstring had become separated from the pants - and since it was wet we inferred that Brownie had chewed it off.  



He's never chewed anything up!  

And only plays with his chew toys when Vera is around.



Before it does get hot I'm going to work on the end of the driveway, where it dips before meeting the street.  It's an endless job since I constantly seem to be scraping off the dirt that collects there. At the moment there's a healthy patch of grass growing that is interfering with how 'pristine' <g> the rest of the driveway looks since I've worked hard at ridding it of weeds. 


Anything to put off housework...

No comments:

Post a Comment