Thursday, October 29, 2020

On this morning's run to the hardware store I scored the last small tublet of cement crack filler, and tomorrow plan to begin filling in various spaces that I've carefully cleaned out.  


On the way home I swung by the tire place to get aired up.  With all the windows rolled down Brownie easily was able to supervise the entire procedure, and (as a bonus) get a pet from the guy doing it. 


After I'd detailed the car interior the other day, the dirty windows (nose prints inside, water spots outside) looked even worse by comparison.  So when we got home I parked in the driveway and swiftly took care of that.


My new wallet is now filled, though it was a bit of a struggle to slip my credit cards into the tight slots.  No doubt they'll loosen up in time, but I expect to have to fight with them for a while.


Recently I noticed that the nearby Panini restaurant I liked so much (at Bell & 35th) sadly had closed.  Inside my wallet was a gift card from there that has about $10 remaining on it, which of course now I won't get to use.


Before tossing the old wallet I did a final check of all the nooks and crannies of my old wallet, and found the MIA feather earring!


I badly needed to update the emergency info paper I keep in my wallet (it had all sorts of hand-written corrections) which was easy to do.  But GUESS what happened when I attempted to print it...



After a couple of unsuccessful tries I got Alex to take a look.  His first suggestion was to bring the laptop into the room where the printer is (which didn't help) and then turn printer off and then on again (which also didn't help.) 


 

Alex spent a while on trying various things before he discovered the actual problem: my laptop wasn't connected to the Internet.  That had never occurred to me since I'd JUST been on it.



Now the printing is complete, 
and the updated Emergency Info now tucked into my wallet.




Tom took advantage of the beautiful day to do more weed-eating.
It sure makes a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment