Friday, October 9, 2020

Up too early again...


Once it was light I took my maiden hot tub soak of the season. 


The water temperature registered at 97, which wasn't exactly bad, though I did scooch it up a couple of degrees for tomorrow's soak.  Everything was nice and sparkly clean, and naturally the jets felt great on my neck/back.



 While soaking I made my first-hot-tub-phone-call-of-the-season; 
that 'honor' went to Mom. 



 Unfortunately she still had difficulties even though I had the phone as far away as possible from my mouth and yet still keep it at my ear.   


So mostly we will stick to e-mails. 




I did learn a couple of details about Glady's fatal car accident two weeks ago.  It turns out that the truck that hit them crashed into Doug's side of the car.  Inexplicably Glady was not wearing her seat belt (we assume she took it off "for a second" to reach for something) and being on the 'safer' side of the car she might have survived otherwise. 



FYI I have been heartily ridiculed 
for not being willing to undo my seatbelt "just for a second"! 



Let's face it - you can never plan WHEN you'll be in an accident! 



Mom didn't have any update on Doug; all we know is from Andy's original e-mail, when they'd gotten the tragic news the day after the accident, that Doug had survived that first night in the ICU.

No comments:

Post a Comment