Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Alex popped over around dinnertime last night (he said it was because Vera made a beeline over here when he let her out to pee, which likely is true) so we invited him to join us for leftovers, a new (and yummy) recipe of Tom's: buttery baked chicken.



The last of those chicken thighs are set to end up in burritos tonight.  Tom was sorry he'd only grabbed a couple of the packages when Winco had them on mega-sale the other day. 


This first package, which will end up providing three dinners, only cost $3.



The pooches went into serious play mode while we dined, 
and were quite entertaining.




After dinner I received a text from Lily 
asking if I'd even seen this show; my answer was no.  



She said it was excellent, 
and opined that I'd enjoy it "especially if you don't bake."



So I started it last night, and she was right.  



I watched the first two episodes, 
but then it was 10:00 and bedtime.  



Having recently finished Mrs. Lincoln's Sisters
I fell asleep to a new audio book. 


And then not only didn't get up for a bathroom trip during the night (which in and of itself is highly unusual!) I even slept in until 6:30 this morning, when it was already light out.  



Guess even watching people bake wore me out?  


I experienced a number of interesting dreams last night.

In one, Alex (and Joel) helped me move some large logs in a final clean-up of the yard. 

In another, Lily was traveling with me when we stopped at the synagogue parking lot.  She expected to have her hair "just trimmed" by a hairdresser, but afterward was quite unhappy because it had been cut, and way too short.



I weighed in another couple of pounds lighter this morning -

despite having eaten cake several times over the past couple of days. 


I also admit to snacking on some potato chips for a salt fix yesterday afternoon.  


While that new low number likely won't hold...


it still was exciting to see, even if briefly.





Our riding mower is scheduled to be picked up so that Tom's temporary wire-wrap fix of its deck can be welded, and yesterday he moved it to just inside the drive-through gate to await that.  Around 7:30 this morning the doorbell rang, and it was a man asking if it was for sale.



No soak this morning just in case LLane arrives to service the pool earlier than usual.  Brownie and I are getting ready to head out for a morning walk.  Now that temps are finally beginning to behave sensibly, 


there's no longer quite the rush to get out to do that as early as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment