Tuesday, October 20, 2020

As I predicted I was tempted to return to the yard yesterday

 and do a little more of "this and that"...


but as hoped, having taken a shower helped me

 to successfully manage that temptation!


While Tom watched some of his taped football last evening, I opted for a movie instead: Ruby Sparks.  Though I'd never heard of it, the story sounded entertaining.  And while the plot was predictable, I found it well-acted and thus enjoyed it.

Ruby Sparks is a 2012 American romantic comedy-drama film written by Zoe Kazan.. It stars Paul Dano as an anxious novelist whose fictional character, Ruby Sparks, played by Kazan, comes to life, and his struggles to reconcile his idealized vision of her with her increasing independence.


Don't think I mentioned that yesterday I tracked my mail-in ballot -


and was relieved to see that (despite only being mailed late last week)
 it had been received already!  


I'm doing MY part to make this happen!



With the days getting shorter I have to wait longer and longer each morning for it to get light so I can soak.  Not that I'd have time to spot, much less do anything, should a stealthy coyote decide that Brownie would make a tasty breakfast!



Yesterday's weeding, much of it sizeable lantana from around the base of the two cottonwoods where Tom couldn't mow, definitely helped to improve my view from the hot tub. Of course that view will be even better once that pile gets plunked into the trash can. <g> 



Unfortunately that was one of the chores 
I'd neglected to do yesterday pre-shower. 




Yesterday Alex promised that today, with his birthday celebrations behind him, he'd dig up some of the well-established lantana plants out front. The assumption is that should be easier with the ground recently saturated, and my hope is that their removal will at least discourage further sprouting in the yard. 



I'm going to replace the lantana with some of my many aloe plants, 
currently adorning the front porch, which are also a prolific species.    




Alex has also promised to finish painting over the wall smudge
in a timely fashion.



While we may <g> have differing opinions on what that would be...



I did "suggest" sometime this week would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment