Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Yesterday was another perfect day to work outside in the yard, when I spent considerable time trimming and raking, and once again filling up much of one of our large green cans.  We're really hoping the riding mower gets returned soon, because the tall grass and weeds are starting to resemble a rain forest.  That made it difficult to locate Alex's phone (he had the ringer turned off, naturally) when it slipped out of his pocket while he was riding his dirt bike yesterday in the Back 40.  



That's not the first time that has happened -


so "maybe" he shouldn't have it on him when he's zooming around the yard?


Of course I bit my tongue and didn't utter 'those' four little words, because


But that didn't keep me from thinking them!



Alex and Gabby netted the peach tree, which took considerable time but (in theory) will keep the birds from ruining the delicious up-coming crop.  I certainly don't mind sharing our largesse with the birds - except they have the nasty habit of all-too-often taking a single nibble out of a peach before moving on to ruin another otherwise perfect one.


  
Tom and I started a jigsaw last evening.  It's a good thing I suggested he open up the leaf to the kitchen table so we'll have room to eat during puzzle construction; looks like Bonkers B is going to take a while to finish!



Alex & Gabby invited Brownie along when they took Vera for a walk in the early evening.  Upon their return Alex noted that Brownie is "hard to walk" because he's either stopping every few seconds to pee on something, or else tangling up his walker by going back and forth and around with the leash. 


I was not surprised in the least to hear that 
since both behaviors are ones I experience each time I walk Brownie.



While I have been showering most days, I haven't washed my hair in in quite a while.  But I already fixed that this morning!



The other 'important' thing on today's agenda will be to juice another batch of oranges (yesterday I finished up our latest gallon of OJ) and also the tangelos Alex harvested yesterday from Joy & Dick's across the street.  Joy reports that this year's crop is the best-tasting ever, so we're all looking forward to drinking some later.

No comments:

Post a Comment