Friday, April 17, 2020

My life, which wasn't all that exciting even before the pandemic, is even less so now.  So sometimes it's a bit of a reach to find things to fill up a post.


This morning's post centers on a theme of cleanliness.... or lack thereof!  The back porch looked so nice this morning, at least before Pokey emerged from her crate and tracked her sloppy wet shit across it.



Below is a shot of yesterday's progress scrubbing the wall behind the grill, 
which took considerable elbow grease with a stiff brush.  


The bottom part where I started was also the darkest area.  Tom wondered why I'd bothered ("just paint over it") but I've gotten tired of the view from the hot tub of that unsightly blot.  (It happened when the unattended grill had seriously flared up while grilling chicken with skin on it.)


When I'd mentioned (some time ago) painting over it, Alex nixed that idea, and instead suggested power washing it. While he has offered to borrow the necessary tool from "someone", I really don't want to wait for that to happen...


Despite offering more than once over the past few weeks, he still hasn't made the trip to PetSmart for Brownie's food.  I'm about to make my second trip since then to do that because he still hasn't. 

Don't want to nag...

First request: request
Second request: reminder
Third request: nagging


Also in the cleanliness category, 
look what I actually stumbled across this morning! 


It had befuddled me as to why such a bright pink container had been able to evade detection - especially since two (of three I'd bought) DID turn out to be in one of the likely places where I looked numerous times: a bathroom drawer.



The third pink bottle is still MIA, though I'd swear I stashed it in the car console
(and of course I have already looked there... countless times!)


But judging by today it might not be a bad idea


to check there again...



Before I could post, Terry stopped by with her puzzles to trade.  We sat out front for a nice long time enjoying an in-person visit (at a safe distance) and catching up.


Next time she comes into town she's going to bring us some books.


I miss the library!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment