Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Yesterday FedEx dropped off a large box from Sam's Club.  I had no idea what it could be (especially since we don't belong to Sam's Club.



I did get quite a laugh when I opened it...


My guess was that Marilyn had sent it - and I was right!


With 45 rolls now "in stock" at least one worry is over!



We have a bamboo shade to cover the arcadia door 
where the afternoon sun blasts through.



A couple of weeks ago, when it hinted at getting warm,
 I released the shade from its winter slumber and unfurled it.


On the plus side, we can still view the pool and backyard through the shade.  On the other hand the afternoon heat sneaks through the slats, turning the TV/quilting room unbearably toasty in the afternoons.



Yesterday I had the bright idea to lower my design wall to block out the afternoon rays - 
which helped immensely.  



Of course it also totally blocks out our view, so it will need to be raised/lowered daily.  



But what a difference in room temperature!!!



Glad that yesterday Brownie and I took a ride to check out the new TOCA location over by the hospital complex.  I'm hoping that with my early morning appointment I will be able to find a parking spot in the same county.



Even though the trouble is with my right knee, driving is not an issue at all, a very handy thing.  While Tom offered to drive me, these days only the patient is being allowed into the office; others are required to wait in the car.  And WHO wants to wait out in a parked car in the Phoenix heat this time of year?



Got a surprise check in the mail yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment