Tuesday, April 14, 2020

I had plenty of time for an early morning soak before the irrigation water arrives around 8:30.  After the yard is flooded the tub will be off-limits for a day or so until the water soaks in.  


And speaking of off limits, here's a pic of the kids that Emily posted Sunday, with the caption Annual Egg Hunt head-start prevention!


Looks like Greta (who just turned 7 months) 
wouldn't be participating this year.



While relaxing in the tub I called Mom, and while neither one of us had any "news" we still managed to chat for 15 minutes.



I enjoyed my view of the orchid tree, which has continued to add blooms.


The blossoms really are vibrant up close:



And as long as I was over there with the camera I checked on the peach crop.


Unfortunately the macro setting on my new lower-rated camera doesn't work nearly as well as it did on the old one, and I can't shoot right up close any more.  That means there's no hand of mine next to the fruit for scale -

though they definitely have increased in size substantially since I last checked on them.
 
And in today's TRIVIA DEPT. today -
Interesting how "banana for scale" became an internet sensation.

On March 30th, 2005 a photo of a banana placed against a TV set was posted on the blog Rockdogdesigns with a description explaining the TV was for sale.

“I don’t know how big the screen is, we’re moving and I can’t find the tape measurer. But I do have a banana. For scale. Oh wait, my husband says it’s 19inches. Oh well, I’ll leave the banana for interest. Please be interested."
Of course after that people were off and running with their creativeness....


and it became a "thing".



Anyway, getting back to the peach tree...  


Some of the lower branches didn't get netted, and I wonder whether Pokey (who isn't inclined to look up) will ever notice all of these peaches close to the ground and "available" within her neck range.


I'm guessing not, and that she'll simply wait for deadfall.

Now out to monitor irrigation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment