Thursday, April 9, 2020

I logged another pre-dinner nap on the couch yesterday.   
Guess that "hike" yesterday plumb wore me out.  <g>



Woke up at 5 this morning, so decided I would make an old fogey grocery run to our neighborhood Walmart market.  Donned my N95 mask (first time wearing it, and exhaling fogs up my glasses) and drove over at 6:00 only to discover that they're only doing that on Tuesday mornings.  


Will be sure to check the canned goods aisle then for these guys..



So I headed over to Winco (where I knew they were doing the early morning old fogey shop on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and spent my money there.  For $71 I got most of the stuff on my list, though once I returned home and unloaded I saw that I'd grabbed the wrong milk for Tom.  



The TP aisle was blocked off, with an employee doling out the packages.  On the one hand I'm glad it's "one-to-a-customer" to prevent hoarding, though that meant I couldn't snag a package for Amy even when I said I was shopping for multiple households.



Had left my phone at home so couldn't text her until I got back from the store (hurry - send Daniel over there!) That's when discovered a text from yesterday letting me know that Perri (who has serious health issues) had gone to the ER yesterday.  I've been worried about her (she wasn't feeling at all well last week, and had gone back on oxygen) so now I'm waiting to hear how she's doing!!!



Also waiting to hear back from a different Perri, wondering if she was referring to 100-year-old Ann (or to John's mother) in yesterday's message.  I've been checking in with Ann frequently, and thought I'd spoken to her after Saturday - though readily admit that my sense of time is really skewed these days!

Happy Passover.  Hope you are surviving social isolation and all covid-19 brings. I am enjoying getting to spend my days with Bailey as she brings me so much joy. We are lucky we have so much to do at our house and a great backyard to explore and play. My Grandma fell and broke her hip Saturday. She had surgery Monday and is in Suburban Hospital recovering. 


No comments:

Post a Comment