Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Since we haven't been able to mow for some time (though Alex predicts the mower will be fixed as soon as today now that we can't mow until after irrigation dries out) the center ditch is choked with tall grass and weeds, which of course impeded the flow.  When water still had not reached the front yard 3/4 of the way through the cycle, I went out and started pulling weeds by hand.  That helped a little, but may have been too little too late.



At least I didn't get bitten by the black widow spider!  


When I went out to make sure the water arrived on time (it did) I'd pulled some weeds out of the gate in the tree trough.  When Alex went out to check a little later he saw a black widow that had 'escaped' and was crawling across the footboard we use to access the gate - and stomped it.  


Guess that next time I'm removing debris I'll make sure to be wearing gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment