Sunday, April 19, 2020

More time this afternoon spent manicuring the driveway, scraping dirt/roots from the expansion cracks and then treating them with vinegar.  I still have the section by the street left to deal with.  With a bit of a downward slope until it meets the street, that's where the water collects, thus  generating considerably more plant growth.  I expect I will have to chip away at it in dribs and drabs.



I'm certainly glad we were able to get virtually the entire property mowed.  On Wednesday we are going to drift into the 90s - and by the weekend we will surge into triple digits.



Today I also went to the post office, with Brownie riding shotgun, to mail off Mom's birthday gifts.  At least that was the plan.  


While I was waiting to use the machine in the lobby I watched as people tried, unsuccessfully, to open either of the two package drop doors.   


When it was finally my turn at the machine I was able to buy the postage (and stamps) but the package drop doors were indeed locked - so the package came home with me. 



Spent some time icing my knee, which (may have) helped a tiny bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment