Monday, April 13, 2020

My first attempt yesterday at a mask was a dismal failure...


"Somehow" I managed to sew the elastic in such a way that the loops ended up on the inside, which made the mask a bit difficult to put on...



And no, I did not do it on purpose just to make Marcie laugh.

Hope she didn't put out her neck shaking her head in disbelief.




On my second attempt I definitely paid more attention to that step <G> 
but then no matter how hard I kept re-pinning, 
my three pleats came out very uneven.  



While Marcie (and others) are churning out lovely masks (and at a very high volume) I can't believe most folks are desperate enough to be willing to wear one of my creations...



More progress on the jigsaw puzzle yesterday, and it's possible we could finish up today.  Next time Teri ventures into town we're going to do a porch puzzle swap.  I need to check with Perri and see if she wants this quilt one back or if I can pass it along.  


When I spoke with Perri around dinnertime last night she was feeling a little better after sleeping all day - but was thinking of going back to sleep.



Surprisingly the Harry Potter movies are not available on Netflix or Amazon Prime (at least not for free.)  So Tom found us something else to watch last evening, a somewhat low budget sci-fi movie (I forget the name) about a comet and parallel universes during a dinner party.  It wasn't too bad, though we were a little confused at times.



Possible rain today, though the sky looks clearer at the moment than it did last evening.  Still, with irrigation scheduled for tomorrow that definitely increases our chances for precipitation today.  



And once both trash cans are emptied today I will refill them with a final rake/trim session.  It's really too bad that we still don't have the mower back as both front/back yards are "shaggy", and in places around Alex's the weeds can be measured in feet!



And speaking of shaggy - now my hair can rock a pony tail of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment