Sunday, April 5, 2020

Yesterday Brownie and I walked up to Marcie's for a porch pick-up of elastic so I can whip up some face masks.  Later I found out that Tom has found a (small) stash of N95 masks in his shop, left over from when he was working a mining project years ago.  So he, Alex, and I each have one to wear when we go out and about, and today Tom will be doing a porch drop-off of a couple for Mike & Marcie.  


I'm still going to see about whipping up a couple of masks (using batiks, which have a tighter weave than other cottons) to pop into the mail for Lisa and Logan.



I have several of my own porch drop-offs to do today - 
assuming my car will start! <g>


Kathi - spools, cans, and tublets
Wanda - elastic, Tupperware, grapefruit & lemons
Perri - puzzle

Feels like a long time since I've gone anywhere.  
Hope I remember how to drive...



Heard on the news last night that the US, in the previous 24 hours, had experienced over 1,000  covid19 deaths, a world wide record for deaths in a one day period!  (And we'd thought things were bad in Italy a while back.)  San Francisco, however, one of the first US cities to order citizens to stay home, has only seen 8 deaths so far!  Staying home works, folks!!!



In the afternoon we got three bobcat loads of dirt delivered, saving Alex from a lot of hard work hauling it for me.  I started spreading it out along the back fence, being extremely careful not to overdo and 'annoy' my back.  


With visits to the chiropractor on hold indefinitely that would NOT be good!  


Happily thus far this morning I am feeling okay, which means that more dirt "arranging" is on today's agenda.  I do plan to take a pre-emptive soak once it's light, and don't plan to share my space with any critters!



Tom and I finished the puzzle last night, though knew we'd be missing a piece after Brownie was discovered chewing one up!  We also wrapped up watching the Tiger King mini-series, so now we'll need to find something else.  


I'm thinking about the Harry Potter movies.  I never watched them when they originally came out because Lisa was dead set against doing that; she didn't want the images in her head contaminated, and I certainly understood!  

No comments:

Post a Comment