Thursday, April 16, 2020

Of course I've been extra worried about Lisa, cooped up (longer than most) in a small apartment along with a very unhappy 15-year-old boy.  


Though I've been e-mailing frequently I don't get responses <sigh> and so last night after dinner I gave her a call.  She did her best to sound upbeat, though I wasn't truly convinced.  



Started the first Harry Potter movie last night, but got too tired to finish and went to bed fairly early and was asleep by 10.  Though I didn't take any back-to-sleep meds when I got up around 3 (because I planned to take advantage of Winco's Thursday morning old-fogey shopping hours which start at 6:00) I don't remember having any difficulty falling back to sleep.  So I was especially surprised when I glanced at the clock upon awakening this morning and discovered that it was 5:55!


Fed Brownie and let him out, gulped down my coffee, 
and then was out the door by 6:10.  



The morning was full of surprises, the second one being that Winco was not terribly crowded.  The third surprise was that (incredibly) not all of the older (and thus at greater risk) shoppers were wearing masks despite the "requirement" to do so when out in public - though at least the majority were.  


But what really dumbfounded me was that NONE of the employees (those restocking the shelves or  those checking out customers) were wearing masks!  I commented on it when I checked out, and she told me that they are allowed to wear masks, but that "ultimately it was their choice.”  Hard to believe that when not a single one of the couple dozen employees I saw was wearing one, so maybe they were truly discouraged from making that choice?



I found most of the things on my list, though not all – still no sanitizer or TP - and while going up and down the aisle also picked up “extra” stuff, so it was a substantial total at the end.   The national news last night mentioned that many food items will become harder to find for a variety of (unsurprising) reasons, so we’d decided it wouldn’t hurt to continue to stock up on staples.



FYI -With Passover ending at sundown today, 
guess what I (finally) found on one of the aisles?  


Not only that, there was choice of more than half-a-dozen different varieties of matzoh, and I did grab a box.



One extra thing I did pick up today was a perfect vinegar dispenser 
for the expansion joints in the driveway. 



What was not so perfect <g> is that my gallon of vinegar was almost empty 
so I didn't have enough to treat all the joints this morning.  



Vinegar has now been added to the new shopping list, 
which already has more than a dozen items for the next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment