Monday, April 6, 2020


I certainly enjoyed yesterday’s chat with my cousin Gloria as I relaxed poolside.  She and Bert (in Miami) are fine, and like us pretty much “just inconvenienced”, though also like me are disappointed to have had to cancel planned trips.  (With the virus now loose at Riderwood, sure hope Mom will be around to celebrate her 94th birthday next year since I will now be missing her 93rd in a few weeks.) 


Glo reported that she been making great use of their current confinement, and (unlike me) has actually been cleaning out closets and drawers instead of just thinking about it like I've been doing.  


Now she has lots of clothing to donate to Dress for Success programs.



She also has been finding all sorts of long-lost things, 
most notably some old photographs she wanted to locate.  


We traded various funny stories: 
her glued-to-the-shower-head one, my horse trailer one.


And apparently both of us have been seeing many of the same covid19-related laughs 
come across our FB feeds.  



Tom is amenable to watching the Harry Potter movies (he never read the books) but by the time he finished photographing his latest batch of stones last evening it was too late for me to start watching a movie.  He suggested starting another jigsaw puzzle, but my back was happier reclined on the couch than it would have been sitting at the table so I declined that offer.


I've been binging on Forensic Files; I find it fascinating how seemingly insignificant things turn out to be vital clues.  Logic classes and logic puzzles have always been a favorite of mine, and if deciding on a career these days the job of forensic scientist would on my list of choices. 


 Yesterday I caught the episode when the murderer ended up convicted by the transfer of his DNA when he simply pulled a wallet out from back pocket of his victim.  I want to say it was the first court case won using that evidence, though I'm not positive.  



Thrilled that I slept in until after 7 this morning!  


I didn’t head to bed until 10 last night, and then “read” for a while, 
but maybe my body was tired from all of yesterday’s yard work?  


Yet despite all of my very productive weed-sawing and then raking (the cans went out to the street last night filled to the brim with leaves, though of course there is still considerably more left to do) I am again ecstatic to report that my back is doing okay this morning, just very mildly achy.  Another soak/massage in the tub (enjoying my ‘new and improved’ view) certainly didn't hurt.  



There was no internet connection when I got up this morning.  kept checking in every so often, and finally decided I'd wait until Tom got up and rebooted.  But by the time he appeared a few hours later it was working fine and no reboot necessary. (Found out later it was down elsewhere in the neighborhood, so rebooting was obviously not the issue.)  


Swept and vacuumed this morning, and when I went to empty/clean the vacuum container and filters  they were fuller and more clogged than I'd ever seen them.  I'm going to blame that partly on Brownie shedding his winter coat - and at least it wasn't quite as bad as this!



I woke up energized to sew again, and after my soak sat down to construct block 5, even though the deep reds are two different fabrics (though likely no one will notice but me.)  I know that I had all the triangles laid out correctly, so I have NO idea how they ended up being sewed together wrong.  


Later today Jack and I will get together for a rip-roaring party.  



Last evening, while in the family room, I heard a noise and thought Tom had dropped something in the kitchen.  A minute or so later he appeared and asked, "Did you hear that?" so obviously it hadn't been him.  This morning the mystery was solved when he opened the frig to get some half-and-half for his coffee...



Marcie has made up several dozen masks for people in our neighborhood, and just dropped off some for me to distribute.  She also brought over some (expensive) dog dental chews to pass along to Brownie since Latina doesn't like them.  



But even though the first ingredient "beef hide" sounds yummy (assuming you're a dog!) 
Brownie wasn't interested either.



Time to go tackle more weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment