Thursday, April 30, 2020

I set an alarm for this morning "just in case", 
but was up at 4:30 and didn't need it after all.  


Tom was already up, and did this week's old-fogey shop.  Since the news has been full of possible meat shortages in the near future due to many processing plants closing we thought panic buying might ensue, and figured we shouldn't skip a week.



He was actually back home by the time I was heading out around 7 for my MRI.  I arrived there early, and they took me early after a women left who apparently had experienced claustrophobia and needed to reschedule.  


I have no problems with small places and was fine - and knew that from a previous MRI.  But even with the ear plugs they provided (and not even being fully 'entered' into the tube) the noise level was still quite loud.  



Last time I had an MRI they gave me headphones
 and asked what type of music I'd like piped in.  


Turned out it didn't really matter 
since the machine pretty much overpowered the music.



Passed the time, about 25 minutes, 
reciting Sam McGee and other poetry in my head.


With our current heat wave (expect to break records today and tomorrow) 
it was a bit of a stretch to relate to Sam's discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment