Tuesday, April 28, 2020

I arrived at the doc office 15 minutes early (knew there would be paperwork to fill out) and then sat in the waiting room (waiting) for quite a while. 



Before I could see the doctor they needed to do x-rays,  
though (as I expected) they didn't show anything.  



When I eventually saw the doctor he asked what was going on, and when I explained (and gave Dr. Bobbi's diagnosis of a medial meniscus tear) he was properly impressed. 


He also seemed to like hearing that I had been trying rest, elevation, and ice as attempts to not make a suspected tear worse; maybe "some" of his patients try to "push through the pain"?


After manipulating my knee, leg, and ankle he agreed with Dr. Bobbi's diagnosis and (as expected) has ordered an MRI, which hopefully will be scheduled in the next day or so.    


If it turns out to "just" be a small tear we can try cortisone injections and PT,
 but of course if it's a large tear I could need surgery.  


No question which option I'd choose!


Assuming there are no hitches scheduling the MRI 
I'll return to see him next Tuesday for those results.




While I was sitting on the couch typing this a cute little bunny (is there any other kind?) just hopped over to the back porch and headed over to the water bowl.  Luckily Brownie was in his bed under my quilting table, totally unaware of its presence - so the little one didn't end up being chased around the yard... or into the pool (as happened one time when Tyga was visiting.)

However would never expect this scenario:


No comments:

Post a Comment