Friday, April 3, 2020

This morning I enjoyed a pleasant soak in the hot tub - except for when Brownie was barking at something in the Back 40, though from my vantage point (with Tom's truck parked in the way) I couldn't see what it was.  I knew it wasn't Vera (she would have come over to the gate to say "hello") so I assumed it was a bunny.  Found out later that it was, and Alex had come out of his place to run it off.



Spoke to Mom, Ann, and Patti this morning.  All are staying home, and are healthy so far - though Patti may not stay that way.   Gary is now at home because yesterday somebody where he works (and where they have not been practicing social distancing) is sick.  



l mentioned to Patti that repotting my asparagus fern (originally from her) 
was on this morning's agenda.  


When I said that wasn't sure I had a pretty next-size-up pot she said I might be able to pull apart the roots and end up with two plants.  Sounded like a wonderful idea - but first I had to get it out of its current pot.  Sliding a knife around the outside edge of the dirt, tugging, turning the pot over and tapping - nothing worked.  


So I texted an SOS to Alex, requesting some "brute strength" help, and he obliged.  



When he had considerable difficulty dislodging it 
I was pretty sure the rootbound-ness would be intense.  


It was.


Now that the roots have more space to spread out 
I'm expecting to see new (and substantial) growth up top.



I also juiced the latest batch of oranges so I'll have OJ (which I like) and leave the tangelo juice for Tom.  By this time of the season the oranges are drying out some, so I only ended up with a meager quart.  While there are still more oranges left on the tree, sadly it won't be too long before I truly run out of them... and thus fresh OJ.


In other 'exciting' news (of which there is a definite dearth these days!) I finally remembered to clip my toenails when I got out of the hot tub this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment