Wednesday, April 15, 2020

I was out walking Brownie last night just as Edie was just coming home and about to pull into her driveway.  She wondered why Alex hadn't been over to collect dirt, and I told her that he'd never heard back from the guy with the skip loader.  


So she said she may be able to arrange for more dirt to be delivered this weekend.  We can use ALL the dirt we can get since several of the berms were breached during yesterday's irrigation.



First thing this morning (well, after I peed, but before coffee) I took Brownie out back for his morning release... or at least I tried to.  Instead of joining me on the narrow strip of dry grass against the house he insisted on remaining by the door, more interested in getting his breakfast than emptying his bladder. 


Once he'd been fed (and I'd finished my coffee) 
I tried again to see if he was tired of waiting.


It took some coaxing to get him onto the grass with me, and though he spent a second or two sniffing, he was right back scratching at the door to go in without taking care of business. Obviously he must have a sizeable bladder - unlike me!



The sun is up, and since much of the water has already soaked into the ground in the past 24 hours I'm thinking about going for a soak after all....



After that there's nothing too exciting <g> on today's agenda, 
though I might (might!) bite the bullet and sift through more of the pile on my desk.  



Yesterday I actually made a first pass on the mountain of papers on my desk.  


Now I can actually spy the wood top in places!



FYI - While channel surfing the guide on the TV yesterday I found the first three Harry Potter movies, which I set to record.  So one of these evenings we can start watching that series.



I'm enjoying listening to Sally Field's memoir, so yesterday I also looked for a couple of her movies (Sybil, and Norma Rae) on Netflix and Prime - but they didn't seem to be available.


I really, really, really miss the library!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment