Wednesday, April 22, 2020

It's a good thing Tom had almost finished the jigsaw puzzle, because last evening when I went to move my water glass I knocked it over, drowning all the pieces laid out (in color-coordinated piles) awaiting their turn to join the rest.  



While I quickly scooped them up and blotted them, 
the cardboard did want to swell so time was of the essence.  


The puzzle did get finished, though a couple of the pieces did have the top layer, with the actual picture, drift off.



When I woke up at 1:30 for my nightly trip I did think (VERY briefly!) about heading outside to view the Lyrid meteor shower... though that didn't actually happen. 



By the time I woke (at 5:00 again) it was already starting to get light, so I missed my opportunity.  Too bad my 4:00 morning didn't coincide with the meteor...




Since it's Wednesday 
I'm not going to soak until after the pool guy comes and goes.  



Instead I started off my day by scraping a substantial amount of dirt/weeds from one of the driveway cracks.  Unfortunately I couldn't finish off the crack with a vinegar bath since I used up the last of the gallon yesterday, but do plan to pick up another jug tomorrow during Thursday's old-fogey shop. 



Tom finally brought in a box-cutter tool from the shop for me yesterday (only had to remind him a few times...) so now I can get started digging out the old (and useless) sealant around the pool.  I'm hoping that turns out to be an easy chore...

No comments:

Post a Comment