Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Yesterday morning I spoke briefly with Mom.  She couldn't talk long because she had to get ready to head to lunch with Sandy, Emily, toddler Maggie, and baby Greta (who, according to Mom "has two golf balls in each cheek.")  I hope Sandy or Emily took pictures! 



When I went out to pick a couple of bags of grapefruit to take to gym I discovered "someone" had been digging a hole by fence; my best guess is that Brownie was trying to get under it  to go after a bunny.  Tom had recently worked back there and I saw that he'd cut down a volunteer plant along the fence.  Had he noticed the hole?  "Yes."  Would have been nice if he'd mentioned it to me...! 


The other day Brownie had accompanied me into the Back 40 to 'help' snap a pic of the new baby oleander, and ended up chasing a bunny out of the hedge and across the field.  This time the bunny escaped through the irrigation pipe leading into the backyard, and again Brownie planted himself at the opening waiting for it to reappear.  (Finally I had to pick him up to get him back into the yard.) 



Before the gym I worked up "Copper Canyon" from the script alphabet (which had been lurking in the Downloads folder after all) and also went through my brown scrap tub and collected more possibles for the project.  Fun!



On my way to the gym Shirley called to see about picking grapefruits.  Since she and Carol were both at the gym they each took home a bag of grapefruit.  Then around 2:00 Shirley and her friend Michelle came over and picked more bags-worth, though of course there are still PLENTY remaining on the tree. I, of course, am more than pleased to see them 'go to good homes' (since Marilyn isn't going to help with that this winter) instead of going to waste!  Alex actually popped over for a bit before his scheduled work conference call, and he was a big help picking some from way high up for them.



After the gym Wanda stopped by to drop off a tub of her scrumptious fudge, and then we went out to lunch together.  I introduced her to the Panini place at 35th & Bell, where she agreed that virtually everything on their eclectic menu sounded yummy.  We decided to share the chicken avocado panini and a 'busy' salad.  Both portions were hefty so I ending up bringing a good portion of the salad home.  It will proved a great lunch for me today when I get home from Busy Bees.  



The restaurant was a hit with Wanda.  Not only did everything on the menu look good, but she agreed that their portions are generous and their prices are certainly more than reasonable, so she'll definitely be a return customer.  I used my gift card from Alex, and still have enough left on it for another meal.  Thank you, Alex!  (Have some fudge!) 



Tom has been working in the yard, and yesterday he mowed and weed-ate the front yards which were looking shaggy..  I swept out there (again) and then watered plants.  When Tom moved to backyard, I trimmed.  Things are really looking very spiffy.  Paul's crew returns in a week or so to work their magic on the big trees out front, and then address whatever else they can squeeze into that day.  With all the attention the property has been getting in recent days it should stay looking nice - at least for the time being.


First company (a last minute surprise) arrives today.  Bruce (and his sister?) are here for the Quartzsite show, and since they're in his RV we really don't have to do much to get ready.  More company arrives in just a few days.


(I WISH!)


I'm off to Busy Bees in a bit when I get to show off the wedding quilt!  I posted a pic it to Scrap Quilt Enthusiasts (about 48 hours ago) and it's already collected almost 1,000 'like', 'love', 'wow' hits, as well as several hundred very laudatory comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment