Wednesday, January 22, 2020

It was still dark when I awoke this morning, but at least it was not absurdly early.  And I know that I got some REM sleep since I did remember dreaming, though not (as is often the case) many of the details.



Once it became light I took a brief soak (Wednesdays are always iffy since I'm never sure when the pool guy will arrive) to ready myself for today's sojourn to SS.  I am not looking forward to the experience, and (as Becky says) just have to hope that I get a "good" person there.  Too bad I can't just "ask" for one of those...



Depending on how long that "fun" takes I hope to swing by Foothills and snap a few pix of today's paper piecing class.  Although I certainly enjoyed last year's trunk show of stunning Judy Niemeyer quilts (PP yields very precise results - at least when someone else does it!) I had absolutely no desire to sign up for this class, a set of happy watermelon placemats.  Given the fact that I encountered considerable difficulty the few times in the past I worked on PP blocks, the class was expensive (and so was the kit!) I wasn't tempted in the least.  


As it also turned out the kits (which required MUCH time pre-cutting the fabrics to be ready for today's class) were very late in arriving (there was a problem getting one of the fabrics) so the ladies have started out stressed even before the class starts.  The batiks in the kit are beautiful, and the placemats should turn out lovely - but PP is just not my cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment