Friday, January 3, 2020

Another productive day!


I sized the blocks for column 8 and sewed them together.  Of course it helped that there were 5 white blocks that didn't need sizing.  Then tonight I got wild and crazy and sewed columns 7 and 8 together.



Tomorrow the push will be on to finish and add column 9.



That progress was despite spending hours in the pantry, where I made substantial progress cleaning/organizing the shelves.  One time-sucker was needing to clean out the boxes of slides because bugs had gotten into them.


Happily the little buggers didn't seem to have harmed the contents.



  When things slow down I should take the slides somewhere to have the images transferred to a digital format so I can enjoy my trip to Australia/New Zealand/Fiji and other vacations, my years in Supai, various river rafting trips, and family photos all over again.  



When I eventually ran out of steam it was time for a shower, after which Brownie 'helped' me make a  run to Savers to drop off the collection of discards, and then over to Kathi's with the latest batch of things I'd been collecting for her, which do tend to pile up.


Last stop was to see if Sarah and Dan would be willing to board Pokey for a week or two once our leaning block wall comes down Tuesday.  She was busy and couldn't talk but said she'd touch base with me tomorrow.



Demolition of that wall section is likely to take 2 days, and then I hope they can pour the new foundation on Thursday so it will cure enough to be able to start construction of the new wall on Monday.  No idea how long it will actually take to rebuild the wall, and sure would hate to have to keep Pokey in the garage for all that time.
  

Brownie will not be happy to find his dog door closed off for the duration.

No comments:

Post a Comment